|Radio News Reporter
Join our team of award-winning journalists at Wisconsin Public Radio as a reporter for our Superior bureau. If you enjoy producing in-depth reports and want to immerse yourself in news of regional and statewide importance, look no further than Wisconsin Public Radio’s News department. We have the ideal job for an individual with two years (or more) of experience in broadcast journalism with strong on-air skills.
Requirements: You must hold a bachelor’s degree and exhibit technical mastery of computers, control board, audio recorders and digital audio production equipment.
Details and application instructions can be found at: http://www.wpr.org/radio-news-reporter
KWWL, the powerhouse NBC affiliate serving eastern Iowa, is looking for a part-time photographer with a creative eye, technical expertise and can-do attitude. You understand the importance of visual composition, natural sound and quality lighting. The successful candidate must be able to deliver great video on a daily basis in our very competitive 20-county market.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Date Posted: 1/12/2015
Closing Date: 2/12/2015
City: Waterloo - 50703
--Four-year college degree preferred with significant experience shooting and editing.
--Working knowledge of TV news gathering techniques and best practices.
--Ability to work independently, exercising good judgement.
--Ability to meet and deal with outside people involved in news stories, such as police, firefighters, etc.
--Shoot and edit high-quality video for television and website, sometimes working with a reporter, but often working alone.
--Gathering basic facts on the scene of news events.
--KWWL has Sony HD cameras, three live trucks, including a brand-new satellite SUV and bonded cellular live backpacks so we can go live from almost anywhere on earth.
--Be on-call for breaking news, severe weather, and other special assignments.
--Help maintain news vehicles, making sure they are clean and have regular preventive maintenance.
--Help maintain assigned TV equipment, making sure items needing repair are reported promptly and taken to engineering.
--This position requires regular and reliable attendance.
KWWL is proud to be a Quincy station. Learn why our family-owned broadcast group has a reputation as one of the best media companies to work for at: www.careersatquincy.com.
To apply, send your resume and a link to your reel to:
Eric Page, Asst. News Director
500 East 4th Street
Waterloo, IA 50703
Waterloo-Dubuque-Cedar Rapids-Iowa City
KWWL Television, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The News Anchor will produce the 2 hour morning newscast, and serve as the co-anchor. This person will serve as a primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
In addition to anchoring duties, the selected candidate would also be responsible for producing daily, interactive agriculture reports. This will require thoughtful planning and researching of content that directly relate to the rural audience that we serve. This would include maintaining a good working relationship with key contacts in the agriculture network.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Produces newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
• Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Edits video clips as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Minimum two years' experience in news reporting or anchoring.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Anchor must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition the News Producer/Anchor must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Close date 1/31/15. Rush your apply online at
KCRG-TV9 (ABC affiliate), the most watched news station in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa market (market 90), has an opening for a newscast producer. We are looking for a producer that can take ownership of a newscast and work as part of a team to find new ways to tell news compelling stories. If you like real news, this is the place for you.
KCRG is locally owned and part of a converged newsroom with the Gazette newspaper under the Iowa Sourcemedia Group. We have all the toys a producer would want: a new HD studio, storyteller touchscreen and 7 live units. There are also opportunities to take part in special projects for live sports broadcasts and live productions with our own production truck and crew.
The position requires a 4-year degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field. Previous experience in a newsroom is required. Producing content for online and mobile products is also part of the job, so multimedia experience is a plus.
Please apply at:
PO Box 511
500 Third Ave SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406
Pre-Employment drug screen required. EOE
Broadcast Traffic Manager
Maximize sales’ revenue opportunities through seamless traffic management of all broadcast inventories. Prepare and finalize daily program logs for all broadcast channels. Act as the traffic and programming subject matter expert and facilitate continual learning and improvement initiatives. Act as the work team’s day to day team lead.
• On a daily basis maximize the broadcast sales’ revenue opportunities by ensuring optimal timing and placement of inventory.
• Conduct short-term and mid-term analysis of open and sold inventory. Communicate revenue opportunities to sales team.
• Analyze inventory and alert sales management of potential future oversell situations. Offer suggested alterations to existing program formats to accommodate demand.
• Prepare daily program logs for all broadcast channels.
• Review new traffic orders and revisions to existing traffic orders received from sales reps for accuracy. Approve and process, or reject with suggested remedial action to be taken.
• Evaluate current advertiser traffic instructions and ensure directions are accurately followed.
• Assist sales team with traffic order entry as required.
• Remain current with FCC enforced political broadcast rules. Work closely with National Sales Manager to ensure stations compliance with lowest unit rate and equal opportunity requirements. Act as back up to National Sales Manager for political order entry and clearances.
• Be the subject matter expert for all traffic and programming workflows, procedures and regulatory obligations. Assess workflows and procedures and institute a continual learning and improvement program designed to maximum the available Wide Orbit Traffic system tools, automation and reports; reduce errors and improve quality of orders, logs and customer service provided; and maximize sales revenue opportunities.
• Ensure up-to-date workflow and procedures are documented and stored in an easily accessible repository.
• Assist with on-boarding and training of new employees coming into traffic and programming, sales and other related departments as needed.
• Act as the work team’s day to day team lead to answer questions, provide procedural direction, and assist with trouble resolution.
• Fill in for the department manager as needed.
Job Skills and Attributes: Position requires the ability prioritize and delegate multiple tasks. Will apply independent judgment and confidently make decisions with in area of assigned responsibility. Good analysis and synthesizing skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Experience working with Wide Orbit Traffic systems in a Traffic Manager capacity. Strong documentation skills. Previous quality and continuous improvement and learning experience. Excellent planning, organizing and problem solving skills. Exceptional customer service skills. High degree of proficiency with Windows based programs.
Minimum Requirements: Associates Degree and five to ten years of Broadcast Traffic management experience. Previous experience with Wide Orbit Traffic systems at the network affiliate level is required.
Please apply at: https://hcmapp03.ivantagehost.com/GC8858CSS/Default.aspx?Requisition=101594
501 2nd Ave SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Send job postings to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ads will be posted for 60 days unless requested different.